Over the years, I've tried many different recipes for meat loaf only finding one or two recipes that we'd never try again. Our favorite, tried and true meat loaf recipe is Lisa's Old Fashioned Meat Loaf.
While looking through the Betty Crocker Bisquick II Cookbook that a friend of mine gave me, I knew right away that I wanted to make the Mini Barbecued Meat Loaves. I adapted the recipe ever-so-slightly to fit our family's taste.
I loved that this recipe called for Bisquick. Upon receiving this cookbook, I purchased my first box of Bisquick ever and am loving all that you can do with one box of "pancake mix"! I also loved the idea of using barbecue sauce mixed into the loaves for some added flavor! Plus, I enjoy any excuse to use some Butch's Smack Your Lips Barbecue Sauces! (Check out the Butch's Smack Your Lips BBQ End of Summer Giveaway...closes on Wednesday, August 24th, at 10pm).
Mini Barbecue Meat Loaves
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 jumbo egg
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Set aside 1/4 cup barbecue sauce for topping.
- Mix remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Form meat mixture into 12 mini loaves.
- Brush with the reserved 1/4 barbecue sauce.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
This recipe is a keeper! In fact, we liked it so much that I've made this recipe twice already! Served with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and a green vegetable makes a perfect Sunday dinner. The loaves could also be cut in half to make meat loaf sandwiches!
The individual meat loaves are great for portion control and freeze well for future meals!
I'll be linking this recipe to the following blog carnivals and linky parties: