I had planned to use the turkey in recipes that I could freeze, but this weekend was a little more hectic than I anticipated. But now, there's plenty of turkey stock and meat in the freezer to turn into delicious meals to last us several nights in December.
After all of that cooking last week, I decided to keep this week's menu really simple. I just don't have it in me to spend much time in the kitchen this week.
So, here's a few things we'll be eating this week:
- Spaghetti with meatsauce. After all that turkey last week, and the chicken the week before, we're really ready for some red meat! It seems like forever since we've had a spaghetti dinner! I haven't decided if I'll make homemade sauce in the crock pot or just open a jar and add some veggies and meat.
- Mashed Potato and Cauliflower Soup. I have another 5 lb. bag of potatoes that need to be used up, so I'll make a double batch of this soup and freeze the leftovers.
- Breakfast for Dinner. Bacon, eggs and toast. Can't get much easier than this! I'll be finishing up the eggs in the fridge before I buy the eggs I'll need for my holiday baking.
- BLT sandwiches, oven fries. I'll use leftover bacon to make some quick Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwiches for a quick and easy dinner.
- Mini Barbecue Meatloaves, mashed potatoes, veggie. We've both been in the mood for meatloaf, I'll use up the last of the bag of potatoes to serve along with the mini meatloaves.
- Chicken 'n' Dumpling Vegetable Soup. I have some leftover Chicken 'n' Dumplings in the freezer. I'll add cut the dumplings into smaller pieces, add some broth and veggies to make it into a soup.