Our busy week and a couple of last minute menu changes caused us to barely follow last week's menu plan. Instead of Hamburger Stew, I made a very hearty vegetable soup and Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce was replaced with Chili Macaroni. Both were excellent choices! Mmmm!
I'm planning another easy menu this week(hopefully one I will stick to). Grace and I are feeling a bit under the weather, probably from too much excitement from last week...or maybe just because of the change in the weather.
Take a look at what we'll be enjoying this week:
- Hearty Vegetable Bean Soup (a crock pot recipe), toast. While Chicken Noodle or Chicken Rice Soup would be the preferred soup to eat while feeling sick, already-made-and-in-the-fridge-soup of any variety is a welcome option when it's the cook that's feeling sick!
- Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili over rice. We picked up some chicken breast on sale this week and I decided that I should use it in a new recipe, rather than our usual stand-by chicken recipes!
- Hamburger Stew. I WILL make this at some point this week! I precooked the ground beef, so now there's really no excuse for me not to make it now!
- Lima Beans and Ham over Rice. I've been wanting to try this recipe from The Southern Lady Cooks all summer long and for one reason or another I kept putting it off. I really want this to be the week I actually make it!
- Chicken Corn Chowder is the main reason I look forward to the fall weather! I'll serve this along with a salad and crackers.
Now that you know what we're eating this week, let us know in the comments what's for dinner at your house this week! Or, if you need more menu planning inspiration? Follow me over to Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie! Or, if you like what you see here, you can check out my past menu plans.