I want to remind you to enter the V8 V-Fusion Smoothie Prize Pack (including a Vera Bradley tote!) Giveaway. There are just a few days left to enter and the entries are easy!
I skipped menu planning completely last week. It was such a hectic week, I knew I wouldn't really have the chance to cook or stick to a plan. I also knew that I had some pre-made meals in the freezer that I could just pop into the oven or microwave. It was like a week-long Leftover Buffet! It was great!
We're not doing anything really fancy here this week. We're going to cook from the freezer and pantry again this week. We had a couple unexpected expenses the past couple of weeks, so I won't be stocking up on sale items or making any impulse purchases. We'll need bread, milk and eggs this week, but other than that, we'll be using what we have here....and that's plenty!
Here's a look at what I'll be serving this week:
- Corn Dog Casserole, baked potatoes. A couple of weeks ago, I diced up a ham steak and used it in place of the hot dogs in this yummy baked bean casserole. We really enjoyed it, so since I have another ham steak in the freezer, I'm going to make it again! This will be a perfect way to use up some of the leftovers of the Easter Ham we'll be dealing with in a few weeks!
- Packer Country Soup. We didn't get to this when I included it in our menu plan a couple of weeks ago. I plan on making it this week. I think we're supposed to have a wintry day this week, so I'll double check the weather again try to coordinate with that day!
- Porcupine Meatballs. Although, we just had this recipe a few weeks ago, we enjoyed it so much, that I think it's a good idea to make it again! A few weeks ago, I found some ground beef on "manager's special" so I bought up a few packs to keep in the freezer! We always have rice in the pantry, so this will be a great meal for this freezer and pantry week!
- Tuna Noodle Casserole. Lent is here, so that mean meatless Fridays. But really, we don't need that as an excuse to make this easy, comfort food casserole!
- Lentil Soup with Beef. This is another recipe I didn't get to from a few weeks ago. To be honest, I'm slightly worried about this one. Joe isn't really fond of lentil soup. I'm hoping that the addition of beef will change his mind about lentil soup! Again, we have all of the ingredients for this meal in our freezer and pantry.
- Crunchy Tuna Salad with Egg. I'm thinking of making a bowl of this yummy tuna salad to eat for lunches this week. Either as a sandwich or with crackers.
So, now that you know what we'll be eating this week, please share your menu ideas with us! You can tell us in the comment section!
Like what you see here? You can check out our past menu plans by clicking the MENUS tab at the top of the page!
Need more menu planning inspiration? Follow me over to Menu Plan Monday for more menus and recipes!