Only once since those trips to the market was I able to find another bakery that sold chocolate cannolis. In fact, it's rare when I see regular cannoli these days.
After seeing a bunch of recipes for Cannoli Dip all over Pinterest, I knew I wanted to give it a try! Except, I knew I wanted to make Chocolate Cannoli Dip! While this dip isn't nearly as decadent as the delicious filling of the cannoli I'd get while out shopping with my Mom, it's still a great treat. Using fat free ingredients makes this a delicious low PointsPlus Value treat!
Double Chocolate Cannoli Skinny Dip
adapted from: Skinny Chocolate Chip Cannoli Dip
- 7 1/2 oz. Fat Free ricotta cheese
- 2/3 c. Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 4 oz. Fat Free whipped topping
- 2 Tbs. Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips (I used slightly less)
- 6 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Additional mini chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese and yogurt.
- Add the whipped topping and confectioners' sugar and mix by hand until well-combined.
- Add the mini chocolate chips.
- Once the above ingredients are combined, mix in the cocoa powder until completely incorporated.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- I used slightly less than 1/2 cup. mini chocolate chips, but still counted points for the full 1/2 cup.
- Once I was finished mixing this together, I transferred it to another bowl for storage in the fridge. I weighed the completed recipe and came up with 20 oz.
- PointsPlus Value for 1 oz = 1 point.
- PointsPlus Value for 2 oz = 3 points.
I'm linking this recipe to the following blog carnivals and linky parties: