This week, I have plenty to keep me busy around here, though, it will be slightly less hectic. We'll be preparing meals from our over-stocked pantry again this week. In hopes that soon I'll be able to fully close the doors on the pantry cabinets.
Here's what we'll be enjoying for dinners this week:
- Hot dogs, mac 'n' cheese. Not a very healthy, or even creative meal, but we have some buns that need to be used.
- Enchiladas. Last week, I made enchilada filling using some leftover Zesty BBQ Chicken. Even though it was just a small container of chicken, adding some cooked rice, a can of beans, some cheese and canned chilies, really bulked up the filling so much, I had enough filling to freeze for this week!
- Chicken 'n' Dumpling Soup. On Sunday, I made Chicken 'n' Dumplings instead of Chicken Pot Pie. I was really in the mood for pot pie, but forgot to pick up the butter needed for the recipe we stopped to get milk and bread last week. That's okay, though, since we'll get another meal from the dumplings when I turn it into a soup.
- Applesauce Chicken, sweet potatoes, green beans. Keeping up with the "easy" theme of the week with this simple crock pot chicken recipe!
- Hamburgers, baked beans, corn on the cob, salad. The holiday weekend calls for summer barbecue type foods. While I'm really looking forward to soup and stew season, I'm always up for a big, juicy burger! Mmmmm!
Now that you know what we're eating this week, let us know in the comments what's for dinner at your house this week! Or, if you need more menu planning inspiration? Follow me over to Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie! Or, if you like what you see here, you can check out my past menu plans.
You can also find this week's menu plan linked to On the Menu Monday hosted by Yvonne at Stone Gable.
I love planning my menu but I've felt stuck after having just come back from vacation. I need to get back into it!
Looks like you had quite a variety this week :)
Post a Comment