This soup was inspired by the overflowing vegetable bins in my fridge. I had to use 'em or lose 'em! So, after dinner one night, I began chopping and throwing everything into my crock pot. Before I went to bed, I turned the slow cooker on low and let it cook overnight. Cooking overnight seems to be the only way I manage to get dinner on the table these days.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 oz. bag fresh baby spinach, torn
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 tsp dry minced garlic
- 1 Tbs. Italian seasoning
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Combine ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
This recipe was a hit! We both enjoyed it for dinner the first night, then I ate the rest throughout the week for lunch.
Here are more of my favorite meatless, slow cooker soups:
This looks delicious! It's definitely getting cooler here and I'm ready for some yummy soups!
Yum! I am also addicted to soup. I love this recipe because it has spinach in it - I always love spinach in soup. I even put it in my chicken noodle. Thanks for the great recipe!
Sounds perfect for this time of year
Post a Comment