Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder with Bacon
Adapted from: Damn Delicious
- 1-2 lbs red potatoes, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 16 oz. frozen corn
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 slices thick bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and diced
- Place the potatoes,onion and bell pepper in the crock pot.
- Stir in the flour.
- Pour in the frozen corn and combine well.
- Add seasonings and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in the heavy cream, chicken and bacon. Allow to cook for another 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Yum! So, so good! This soup really hit the spot after a busy day! We'll definitely be having this a few more times this winter! Can't beat easy and delicious!
I love using a slow cooker; good idea for the bacon, adds so much flavor.
Post a Comment