I'm sure most of you have been hitting your neighborhood coffee shops for your fall drink fix, but I'm not a coffee drinker. When Joe brought home some pumpkin pie flavored yogurt the other day, I knew I just had to turn that into a smoothie! The result? This creamy smoothie is perfect for breakfast or lunch or even as an alternative to pumpkin pie for dessert!
Ginger Snap Pumpkin Smoothie
- 4 oz. container of pumpkin pie yogurt (discard the "pie crust" crumbles)
- 1/4 cup Plain, fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup crushed ginger snap cookies + additional for garnish
- 5 ice cubes
- Combine ingredients in blender pitcher and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glass.
- Garnish with crushed ginger snap cookies.
- Add a straw and enjoy!
- I crushed about five smaller sized ginger snaps before making my smoothie. I still had some crushed cookies left after preparing my smoothie.
- I crushed the cookies using the same method that I used when I crushed the Whoppers Candy for my Whopper of a Smoothie! Alternately, you could probably just toss the whole cookies into the blender with the other ingredients.
I made this smoothie for myself for breakfast over the weekend and LOVED it! I was having a difficult time concentrating on taking photos of the finished product because I really just wanted to devour it right away! While I sipped this for breakfast, I realized that if I had this instead of pie for dessert, I'd be totally satisfied and not feel as if I was depriving myself of dessert! In fact, I'd even splurge and allow myself a dollop of whipped cream on a special occasion!