Based on the menu plan for the week, there wasn't really much that I could take out to make room. I really hated the thought of wasting anything, but mashed bananas seemed to be the best option if I had to toss something. Still, I didn't want to waste them.
I considered making banana bread, but I didn't like the way it turned out that last few times I made it. I really have no patience when it comes to baking.
Then I remembered seeing a 3-Ingredient Banana Bread recipe on Pinterest. When I went back to look for the recipe, the link didn't work. Sigh. I hate when that happens. After some further digging, I found what I was looking for...a recipe using cake mix, eggs and mashed bananas.
I failed to save the link to the recipe that I used, but there are several all over the internet. I've shared links to a couple below:
- Cake Mix Banana Bread from Real Mom Kitchen
- Simple Banana Cake Recipe from Simple Nourished Living
Once the bananas thawed, it was so easy to whip this cake together!
I added chocolate chips as suggested as an optional add-in ingredient and also opted to use a bundt pan in place of the loaf pans.
Super Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3-4 over ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips*
- tub chocolate frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan with butter and lightly coat with flour.
- Place mashed banana into a mixing bowl, add in cake mix.
- With an electric hand mixer, mix until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, mix well.
- Coat chocolate chips lightly with flour (this will help keep the chips from sinking to the bottom of the cake) then fold into the cake batter.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and bake 35-40 minutes, until cake tests done.
- I will definitely double the amount of chocolate chips the next time I make this...and yes, there will be a next time!
The cake turned out both delicious and beautiful! I frosted the top with some chocolate frosting from a tub as well, since I was in the mood for something really chocolatey!
This cake is a wonderful way to use up all of those mashed bananas that I store in the freezer since I can't seem to use them quick enough during the colder months when it's too cold for frozen smoothies.
I'm linking this recipe up to the following blog carnivals and linky parties:
- Delicious Dishes hosted by Pocket Change Gourmet
- Open Call Social hosted by Salt Tree
Found your post over at the link party at Pocket Change Gourmet! I am a cake girl all the way, so to put one of my favorite breads in a bundt pan is genius! Can't wait to try :)
Post a Comment