Feeling so chilly yesterday and just wanting to snuggle by the fire, I really hadn't planned on making them. Instead I was content to just share her photo and a few links to other variations of the idea.
Last winter, Grace really had no interest in going out in the snow but today, she really wanted to get out there and play. Grudgingly, I dragged myself away from the fireplace and bundled her up to go outside. With Kristen's snow shakes fresh on my mind and seeing all of the perfectly clean, white snow outside I just had to run back in to grab a big bowl and spoon to scoop some of the fluffy white stuff for my own snow shake!
Here's how I made it:
Frozen Hot Chocolate Snow Milk Shake
- 2-4 cups packed snow
- .5-1 cup milk, I used skim milk
- 1 packet Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa
- whipped cream (optional)
- I started by filling my individual blender mug with snow. I packed it down to about one inch from the top to allow for the other ingredients.
- Next, I slowly poured in the milk. I started with a 1/2 cup and added more later.
- I topped the milk off with the cocoa packet.
- Once all the ingredients were added, I blended. This is where I added more milk and snow as needed. Add more or less depending on the consistency you are looking for.
- Pour into a glass (or just use the blender mug) and top with whipped cream if you wish. I used Peppermint flavored whipped cream! Yum!
I loved my shake! I especially loved that it tasted like a high-calorie milk shake from the ice cream shop, but really wasn't too high in calories at all! Depending on how much whipped cream you use, this could very well come in under 300 calories! Much less than a shake from the popular fast food chain!
I am linking this recipe to the following blog carnivals and linky parties:
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a product and make a purchase, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Post a Comment