I found this recipe while searching allrecipes.com for a slow cooker recipe for pork that only called for a few ingredients. As usual, I made a few changes to the recipe in order to avoid a trip to the grocery store!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork
- 2 1/2 lb. Pork Loin
- 1 can cranberry sauce (jellied)
- 1/3 cup Catalina dressing
- 1/2 onion, diced
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes
- season pork loin with salt, pepper and garlic powder (to your liking)
- place in bottom of slow cooker
- in a small bowl, stir together the cranberry sauce and the dressing
- stir in onion
- pour over pork loin
- sprinkle with red pepper flakes
- cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 -3 hours
The cooking time on the original recipe was longer than it took for mine to cook. Sometimes I think my crock pot cooks faster than most. I was able to slice it, when usually when I cook pork, it just shreds.
I served with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans.
The sauce ingredients sounded very odd to me, but I was willing to try it after reading the reviews of the original recipe. I liked it enough to make it again, but it's not an absolute favorite.
I think I will try it again using FRENCH dressing as stated, rather than the Catalina that I had in my fridge.
I love allrecipes.com. I find many good ones on there and love my virtual recipe box that sends me the directions through e-mail. Very handy. I am always looking for more pork recipes myself. I have all these ingredients on hand so I should try it. We do a lot of pork tenderloin with some thyme and rosemary potatoes tossed with olive oil. I always need applesauce!
Post a Comment