Hamburger Soup is a good substitute for the more traditional beef vegetable soup. I find it to be quicker as well as less expensive, especially if you have some pre-cooked ground beef in your freezer. I didn't have any on hand, but starting from raw ground beef only adds a few more minutes to the process.
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 lg. carrot, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 3 Tbs. steak sauce
- 1 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
- 2 cartons beef broth
- 1/2 Tbs. oregano
- 1/2 Tbs. Mrs. Dash
- pepper, to taste
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- cooked pasta, small variety preferred
- Brown the the ground meat, drain.
- Add in your diced vegetables and the broth.
- Stir in the steak sauce, worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the mixed vegetables and pasta, simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
We love this soup! It's an easy, throw-together soup that's perfect for during the busy work week. It's such an easy and quick soup that you can throw together in the morning and serve for lunch on a cold afternoon!