When I was a kid, I hated eggs. Now, as an adult that is trying to change her eating habits, eggs have really been a lifesaver at meal time. I've discovered that for me, there's a huge difference between a plain scrambled eggs and scrambled eggs loaded with vegetables! So much flavor...so much food!
- 1/2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 3 mini peppers, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 leftover sliced potato, cut into smaller pieces*
- 1/4 c. black beans, rinsed & drained
- dash red pepper flakes
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 Tbs. fat free milk
- 1 1/2 Tbs. fat free salsa (optional)
- Heat 1/2 tsp. oil in a small pan.
- To the hot oil, add the peppers and onions.
- When vegetables are near tender, add the sliced potatoes. Cook until vegetables are desired done-ness (I don't like my peppers/onions to be too mushy).
- Season with red pepper flakes and black pepper, then add the black beans.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the milk.
- Pour over the vegetable mixture, cooking and stirring until eggs are cooked through.
- Transfer to plate, top with fat free salsa if desired.
- The leftover potatoes have been cooked in oil previously and I took that into consideration when entering this into the recipe builder on the WW website.
- Top with light or fat free cheese or sour cream if desired. Be sure to calculate/add the points if you do.
- While this is a single serving, you could easily divide this into two portions. Serve along side a salad or serve as a wrap on a Weight Watchers-friendly tortilla or flatbread. Again, be sure to calculate/add additional points where necessary.
- 9 PointsPlus value for this single serving meal if following the PointsPlus program.
- If following the Simply Filling Program, this single serving meal is prepared with power foods, plus a portion of the daily recommended healthy oils. Making this meal ZERO PointsPlus value.
- If you've already reached your daily recommended healthy oils on the plan, then be sure to track one PointsPlus value.
- As always, be sure to run recipes through the recipe builder to verify points values.
Post a Comment