Well, my opinion on that changed today after a friend of mine shared a Pin for a berry green smoothie that she tried. She raved so much about how delicious it turned out, I just couldn't resist giving it a try myself! It also helped that I had a container of blueberries and an open bag of spinach that needed using up!
I made a couple of changes based on the ingredients I had on-hand and was really pleased with the results.
Blueberry Banana Green Smoothie
adapted from: Berry Green Smoothie
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 frozen banana cut into chunks
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- 4 Tbs. greek yogurt, plain/fat free
- 1 Tbs. oats, optional
- 1/2 Tbs. ground flaxseed, optional
- 1 packet Splenda, optional
- 1 cup ice
- Add all ingredients to blender pitcher and blend until smooth and creamy.
- I cut back on the oats in this as more oats would add PointPlus value to the smoothie. Also, be sure to measure out the flaxseed if using as any more than the 1/2 Tbs. will also add PointPlus value.