That night, after Grace went to sleep, Cass and I made some Irish Potatoes. I've never made them before, so I did a search online and found this recipe. Not only did I have all of the ingredients on-hand, the recipe looked really simple to make!
Irish Potato Candy
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- ground cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and confectioners sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add in the coconut and mix with your hands until all combined.
- Roll into balls, then roll in cinnamon to coat.
- Rolling the cream cheese and coconut mixture was a bit tedious, but went much faster with two of us making them! Cass rolled the mixture into little balls and I then rolled them in the cinnamon!
- The original recipe yields 60 "potatoes" I think we rolled ours a little bigger since we only got about 50 of them.
I just stopped over from Miz Helen's Cottage and don't these just looked wonderful! I think my kids would really enjoy making these. Thanks for the recipe!
Your Irish Potato Candy looks so good and is perfect for today. I am so happy to have this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!
Post a Comment