I skipped menu planning last week, since it was a really hectic week followed by an even crazier weekend! I'm hoping everything will settle down and things will be back to normal this week.
I'm keeping this week's plan as simple as possible and that will involve skipping the food store this week (except for milk) and using what's in the freezer and pantry.
Before sitting down to type this week's menu plan, I took inventory of the freezer. There's plenty of stuff in there and we should be able to get by for a few week's without having to do very much shopping at all. I love that idea since Grace will be needing a spring and summer wardrobe very soon!
Here's what's planned for this week:
- Monday: Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos. I was so happy when I found a small container of our Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili in the back of the freezer! We really enjoyed the burritos that I made with the leftover chili a few weeks ago, I decided that they will be a perfect quick meal for a Monday!
- Tuesday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, creamed corn. Last week, we picked up some ground beef at Costco. It's been a while since we purchased ground meat, it's been even longer since I've made a meatloaf too, so we're really looking forward to Lisa's Old-Fashioned Meatloaf this week!
- Wednesday: Crock Pot Chicken a la King. I was going to cook up some bone-in, split breasts this week, but discovered a few bags of cooked, diced chicken in the freezer left over from the last time I cooked a big batch of chicken breast in the crock pot. Better use that up first. I'm thinking I might make a double batch of Chicken Ala King!
- Thursday: Ham and Cabbage Skillet. (I'll link this later tonight or tomorrow.) I made this for dinner on St. Patrick's Day last year and we both really enjoyed it! Since I still have some ham left from Christmas, I thought this would be a tasty way to use up that ham before I need to freeze leftover Easter Ham! (It'll be here before we know it!)
- Friday: Tuna-Noodle Casserole. Lenten Fridays mean no meat in our home. Options are usually grilled cheese, pizza or fish. I decided to go with tuna since I found several cans of tuna tucked behind some canned soup in the pantry.