Wow! What a crazy couple of weeks it has been Under the Big Oak Tree! We celebrated Grace's 2nd Birthday with a small-ish party with our family (more about that soon) and then continued the celebration throughout the week while Joe was on vacation.
Why are vacations so exhausting? We didn't go away for the week (it just wasn't in the budget this year), instead we relaxed, played, worked on the yard, went to Sesame Place and attended a family party. Whew! I need a vacation from this vacation!
I didn't really do any cooking last week. Dinners were mainly Fend For Yourself nights for us adults. As for Grace, she is still in her macaroni and cheese phase! But, some nights she was too tired to even want dinner. So, this week, I really want to try to get back on track and cook healthy meals. Although, Grace will probably still be only eating mac and cheese. sigh.
- Monday: Spinach Ravioli, garlic bread, salad. Tomorrow is going to be a rough first day back for all of us. It was easy to get used to having another adult home this past week, making the days a bit easier with Grace now showing signs of the terrible twos! So, this simple meal will be just what we need!
- Tuesday: Chicken Noodle Soup, crusty bread, salad. Since the weather isn't supposed to be too terribly warm this week, I thought it would be a good opportunity to use the last of the soup from the freezer.
- Wednesday: Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs, egg noodles, steamed vegetables. I haven't checked my pantry yet, but I'm pretty sure I have everything I need to throw this meal together. Not only is this a simple fix-it and forget-it type meal, there's always some left over for another night (or two)!
- Thursday: Cheesesteaks, oven fries, salad. I haven't decided if I'll make the cheesesteaks on rolls or on wraps. I love them both ways, so I guess I'll let Joe decide! I think I'll make some fried onions for some added flavor!
- Friday: Leftover Buffet. I look forward to leftover nights, even if I am preparing a week's worth of easy meals! Not only do we each just reheat what we feel like eating, but it's also a great way to clean out the fridge!
- Saturday: DiGiorno Pizza, oven fries, carrot sticks. After hosting the DiGiorno Pizza and Hoops House Party in March, we've made sure to keep a few DiGiorno Pizza in the freezer as an alternative to expensive take-out. As a junk food junkie, I often crave fast food and take out pizza, but with gas prices being so high, we have to cut back on ordering take out! DiGiorno is the perfect solution, especially if you have coupons or a great sale!
- Sunday: Grilled Hot Dogs, homemade potato salad, macaroni salad, lettuce wedges, fruit salad with Easy Fruit Dip. I'm thinking this would be a great night for a cook-out. I'm in the mood for some good-old-fashioned picnic food! It's been a while since I made homemade salads. They can be time-consuming, but I'm just not in the mood for store-bought.
Okay, so that's what's on the menu at our house! What will you be cooking up this week? Join in and share your menu with us at Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie!
Post a Comment