Here's what's cooking this week in my kitchen:
- Monday: Sweet and Sour Meatball sandwiches, macaroni salad, lettuce wedge. After I posted about trying a new Sweet and Sour Meatball recipe on Saturday, Debbi (from Debbi Does Dinner Healthy) suggested making sandwiches with the leftovers. The idea sounded wonderful, so tonight, we're gonna have some Sweet and Sour Meatball Sandwiches! Thanks for the inspiration Debbi!
- Tuesday: Quesadillas, Spanish Rice, steamed veggies. I'm hoping to try two new recipes for this meal. I usually reserve quesadillas for lunch or as an alternative to grilled cheese sandwiches when having soup for dinner. I'm liking the idea of pairing the quesadillas with Spanish Rice for an easy and filling meal!
- Wednesday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, salad, garlic bread. I'll be making a small batch of All Day Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce. Just a small batch this time, since I want to make a really hearty, veggie-loaded pot of sauce once the summer vegetables are in season.
- Thursday: Chipotle Turkey Chili over rice, crusty bread, salad. This is the LAST of the chili from the freezer. Maybe even the last of the chili until the fall. UNLESS, I decide to make a big ole pot of it to take camping with us this summer. There's nothing better than a bowl full of chili while sitting around the campfire. Well, okay, S'mores are better but we're talking about chili right now!
- Friday: Fried Spaghetti, green beans, garlic bread. I've told you all before about my favorite way to eat leftover spaghetti. MMmmmm!
- Saturday: Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Twice Baked Potatoes, raw veggies and dip. I've been wanting to try Butch's recipe for Pulled Pork for a while now. Since I have a lot of wild boar in my freezer (from Joe's hunting trip in March), I figure it's the perfect time to make some Smack Your Lips BBQ!
- Sunday: Leftover Buffet. On leftover night, Joe and I each fill a plate (or bowl) with our favorite meal from the week and pop it into the microwave. Sometimes, we even fill our plate with a combination of the meals. It's like eating at a smorgasbord!
I've seen a few frugal recipes that I want to try in the next few weeks. I don't want us to get bored with the same meals over and over again. But I do want to cut back on the grocery bill while preparing healthy meals for my family. If you have a frugal recipe, I'd love for you to share it in the comments!
In the meantime, follow me over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday!
the sweet and sour meatballs sound so good! thank you for sharing
You just made me so hungry! I'm trying to cut out some fats and sweets right now, so every single meal you posted sounds great...I'm hungry! I'm not overly careful on my grocery store spending, but I have noticed such a rise in prices lately that I'm really starting to think about what I'm buying much more.
Sounds delicious. I am intrigued with your fried spaghetti. I am always looking for a different way to serve spaghetti.
I just love reading your menu plans, they are always inspiring. And this week's menu sounds pretty aggressive. I look forward to reading how well you followed it next week! :-)
@Lisa WhitakerThanks, Lisa! That's just the thing, each week I have good intentions! I'm just not always good with the follow-through! :) I already made a change with last night's menu! (Pasta salad instead of macaroni salad!)
@TiffaneeAfter discussing the Fried Spaghetti concept with a friend, we determined that our parents came up with the idea out of necessity...before microwave ovens! :)
Either way, it's still a favorite in my house! (My parents' house too!)
@Sue (Someone's Mom) I'm not the healthiest cook,I do need to cut out some of the fats and sugars! I do try to cook most nights at home and use up leftovers as much as possible to stretch the food bill!
@christyd They are really good! And worked GREAT as a sandwich option too!
Post a Comment