I'm very late in getting this week's Menu Plan Monday post up today. We had a wondefully busy weekend and it's taking me a bit longer to get my butt in gear this Monday morning! I did manage to get a few things done so far today: the usual diaper change, sippy cup, breakfast routine with Grace, I fed the dog, worked on a recipe post and balanced the check book! (That last one, has me very tired!)
As soon as I hit publish on last week's Menu Plan Monday post, I realized that I forgot to include the leftovers from the week before. We began the week with those leftovers so that nothing would go to waste. As a result, we have 2 meals that we'll be carrying over into this week. I just can't seem to get to making that Oven Fried Chicken Fingers. I really need to make it a point to make that this week.
- Potato Soup. I should have included this in last week's plan, since I have a bag of potatoes that need to be cooked. I've been looking for a new recipe to try, so I haven't decided how I'm going to prepare this yet.
- Corn Dog Casserole. I really wanted to get around to this recipe last week, but other things needed to be prepared first. I will definitely be making this one night this week! I'll either use canned beans or throw together a batch of our favortie baked beans.
|Oven-Fried Chicken Fingers|
- Oven Fried Chicken Fingers, mashed potatoes, creamed corn. This meal is a must for this week! I have frozen chicken that really needs to get cooked. I don't know why I keep skipping this the past few weeks, it's really easy. Especially, since we all eat this. I don't have to make something different for Grace. This WILL make it to the table this week!
- Tortilla Soup with Black Beans, Quesadillas. Sunday night, on our Facebook Page, I asked our readers what they were making for Sunday dinner. All 4 of the people that responded were eating Mexican food! Tacos, Enchiladas, Spanish Rice! It made me wish we planned a Mexican meal for Sunday dinner instead of the leftover Sweet 'n' Sour Meatballs!
|Hash Brown Casserole|
- Rotisserie Chicken, Hash Brown Casserole, Veggies. I have a whole chicken in the freezer that needs to be used in order to make room for turkeys. I'm thinking I want at least 3 turkeys for this winter. Maybe 4. Grace likes turkey just as much as she likes chicken! I'll cook the whole chicken in our Ronco Rotisserie.
- Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches, Oven Fries, Raw Veggies w/Dip. This is one of our favorite "junk food" type dinners. With all of the Halloween Festivities taking place during this upcoming weekend, I'm thinking this will be the perfect quick, but hot meal to serve!
- Leftovers! I'm sure at some point this week, we'll be eating some leftovers. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of the meals listed above being bumped to allow for an easy, no-cooking night of leftovers! But that's okay, whatever doesn't make it to this week's line-up will be carried over to next week!