Menu planning has been put on the back burner these days, along with blogging. We've been doing a lot of winging it when it comes to meal-time. For the most part, we've been eating soups and stews from freezer, preparing quick meals or sandwiches, and using up leftovers.
On the days that we ran errands, we found ourselves indulging in a lot of fast food. As much as Grace loves her Chicken McNuggets and Fries, I think even she was getting tired of grabbing drive-thru while we were out!
I think some things will be calming down around here a bit. So, I really want to focus on cooking at home more. I also really want to get into the habit of serving more veggies with meals.
Here's what I'm serving up this week:
- Zesty Crock Pot Chicken with Vegetables. Sunday night, we just had a quick dinner of sandwiches. Since I didn't have much to clean up, I found myself with a small window of spare time. I decided to use that time wisely and prep my veggies and chicken for this recipe. All I have to do now is add all of the ingredients into the crock pot for a really easy, home-cooked meal! I'll serve this with a salad and some dinner rolls.
- Pancakes, turkey bacon, watermelon. It seems like forever since we've enjoyed breakfast for dinner. It's been even longer since we enjoyed breakfast for breakfast! Grace gobbled up pancakes the last time I made them, so I'm really hoping she will eat them again! I'm getting bored preparing her the same handful of foods over and over again.
- Hamburger Macaroni. Last week, I purchased a large package of ground beef. After making Mini BBQ Meatloaves, I have little over a pound of the meat left in the freezer. Perfect for this recipe! I'll serve this with a green salad and some dinner rolls.
- BLTs, Oven Fries, salad. Turkey bacon is great for BLT's! During the winter, we ate several of these sandwiches alongside hot bowls of soup. Since the weather is getting warmer, I think we'll skip the soup this time and serve with a nice salad and some fries!
- Turkey, Mashed Potatoes with Cauliflower, green beans. We have a FREE turkey in our freezer. You know, the ones you get from the supermarket around the holidays when you spend a certain dollar amount? Well, it's been in there since Thanksgiving, so I think it's time to cook it and free up some space in the freezer for burgers and hot dogs!
- Leftovers! With all of that great food, I'm sure we'll have plenty of leftovers for lunches and for a couple of no-cooking days!
So, now that you know what we're eating this week, why not share your ideas in the comments!
If you're looking for more menu planning inspiration and recipes, follow me over to Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm an Organized Junkie!
If you like what you see here, you can also check out my past menus.