The fall weather always puts me in the mood to cook, but with this new season, I wanted to find some new dinner ideas to incorporate into last week's menu plan.
While checking out some recipes I found online, I was looking for two things.
- One, the recipe had to be pantry-friendly. I didn't want to have to hit the grocery store for a bunch of ingredients we didn't have, when I have a pantry full of food just waiting to be added to a recipe!
- And Two, I wanted to use my crock pot. I wanted to be able throw dinner together in the morning so I could enjoy the rest of my day with Grace.
I increased the veggies (with the addition of onions and green beans) and used 1/4 more of the dressing since it was the last of the bottle. Since our refrigerator door is always stuffed to overflowing with condiments, there was no way I was going to put JUST a 1/4 cup of dressing back into the fridge. Plus, with the added veggies, I figured a little more liquid wouldn't hurt.
Zesty Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 potatoes, diced
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 c. Zesty Italian Dressing
- frozen cut green beans, thawed
- Mix all ingredients together in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Near the end of cooking time, add in the thawed green beans. Cook until beans are heated through.
- My crock pot seemed to cook this really quick. My guess is because my crock pot is too big for this recipe. Next time, I will either double the recipe or use a smaller crock pot and allow to cook longer. Or, just use this quicker cooking meal for one of those mornings that I can't seem to get the crock pot started early enough!
- I loved the simplicity of this meal and the fact that I had all of the ingredients in my pantry and freezer.
- This recipe is a keeper!
I'll be linking this post to the following blog hops and linky parties: