While last week flew by for us, it was a very crazy and tiring seven days! It seems that Grace has hit the terrible twos. She has been very ornery and stubborn this past week. I really have no idea where she gets it! (It couldn't possibly be because both Joe and I are stubborn and hard-headed. Could it?) We had a couple of really bad nights where her temper tantrums kept the whole house awake...even the dog!
As far as cooking goes...I didn't get to two of last week's meals. Leftovers stretched further than I thought they would. That always works for me!
I made a big pot of hamburger soup and that was dinner for two nights, plus I have some to put in the freezer! I'll be posting that recipe later this week!
For now, here's what's on the menu for this week:
- Monday: Chicken Fajitas, Cheesey Spanish Rice Bake, salad. We had company for dinner last night. I needed something easy, that both adults and teenagers would enjoy. Fajitas were the perfect choice! I made 2 batches of Cheesey Spanish Rice to serve on the side. We had plenty leftover, so that's dinner tonight!
- Tuesday: Greek Chicken with vegetables, salad, biscuits. We enjoyed this so much the last time I made this, that it's making the menu again! This time, I'll remember to write down the specifics and take a picture! I was telling my mom about this meal and she's looking forward to preparing it at her house soon!
- Wednesday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, breadsticks, salad. I have plenty of meat sauce in the freezer so this meal will be super-easy!
- Thursday: Leftovers. I'm sure by Thursday, the fridge will be filled with leftovers...making this a no-cooking night for me! I'm thinking Fried Spaghetti!
- Friday: Chili dogs, Chili-Cheese Tots, salad. One of our favorite fast food dinners is Coney Island Hot Dogs and Chili-Cheese Tots from Sonic! But for me, they are just too messy to eat in the car! Especially, when I still need to help Grace with her food. A while ago, I made my own version of this meal using leftover Cowboy Stew. This time, I'll be using canned Hot Dog Sauce from Walmart. It tastes exactly like the chili that Sonic uses! For 50 cents a can, I like to keep a few cans on hand for a quick take-out alternative!
- Saturday: Chicken a la King. This is one of the meals that I didn't get to last week. Since I'll have plenty of chicken leftover from Tuesday night, this will be a perfect way to serve it in a different way.
- Sunday: Another leftover night. I'd love to have a nice Sunday Dinner, but looking at the rest of the week, it seems as if there will be plenty of leftovers to use up. Plus, I'm not sure what are plans are for the weekend. I'd love to take Grace apple picking or something else outdoors if the weather is nice. Leftovers will make mealtime pretty easy when we get home. Especially if we just fend for ourselves...I, of course, will help Grace reheat her dinner! :)
(I didn't get to post too much last week, but I did manage to post the recipe for Chicken Stew that I made the week before! It turned out really tasty and we enjoyed it for several nights!)
So, that's what we're eating this week! What's on the menu at your house? Let me know in the comments! Be sure to follow me over to Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie for more recipes and menu plan inspiration!