Crock Pot Kielbasa Soup
- 16 oz. double smoked kielbasa, sliced in half lengthwise, then cut in half
- 58 oz. homemade Chicken Stock
- 15 oz. can pinto or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 14.5 can diced fire-roasted tomatoes with liquid
- cooked rice
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours, or until beans are tender.
- Ladle into bowls, adding rice if desired.
- Shredded cabbage would be a wonderful addition to this soup as well.
- We enjoy this soup with rice added to our individual bowls with Corn Bread Casserole on the side.
- You can view a low-fat version of this recipe on my other blog, My Vintage Kitchen.
I'll be linking this post to the following blog carnivals and linky parties: