Since we love beans and I'm always looking for new meatless meals, I knew right away I'd be trying this crock pot soup recipe! I made a couple of small changes based on what we had in our pantry and since I'm not too fond of cilantro, I left it out.
Potato 3-Bean Soup
adapted from Blissful and Domestic
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained/rinsed
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 Tbs. taco seasoning
- 1 small can diced chillies
- toss all ingredients into crock pot, and allow to cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- This soup was delicious! I'll admit that I wasn't sure about the combination of beans with the potatoes, but I loved it! So tasty and filling at the same time!
- Dry beans, cooked ahead of time (as Danielle suggests) would make this recipe even more frugal.
- This was a super-easy soup to throw together. I decided to make it on a very busy morning and had it assembled in no time! My only problem was that I forgot to plug in the crock pot and didn't notice until 2:00. My crock pot had this soup ready by 5:30 when set on high!
Post a Comment