This week, I'm starting a major project in the basement. It involves my pantry. Since there is no room for a pantry in my kitchen, we used a closet in the basement as a pantry. I decided that I need to use that closet for other things, so I'll be moving my pantry into two free-standing pantry cabinets that I will position next to the chest freezer that is right at the bottom of the basement stairs.
Moving the pantry items into the other cabinets will give me a chance to sort out expired items and see just what we really do need on our next stock-up shopping trip.
I haven't decided if I am going to do a before and after photo of the pantry. It's really gotten sloppy in the past few months and I already started moving things onto a folding table before they make it into the other cabinets.
I'm hoping to be able to stick to my menu plan this week.
- Monday: possible Sonic trip while running errands
- Tuesday: BBQ chicken with homemade BBQ sauce, grilled potatoes, corn on the cob.
- Wednesday: Stuffed Shells, garlic bread, salad.
- Thursday: Chicken Croquettes, mashed potatoes, green beans
- Friday: Chicken, black bean, nachos
- Saturday: Cranberry Pork, sweet potatoes, fried apples
- Sunday: Possible Seafood Night to celebrate our 7th Anniversary.
We are thinking of doing a clam bake for our anniversary dinner. Just the two of us (Grace will eat chicken). We've never done a clam bake before...any suggestions?
I'm linking this post to Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie.