Now, I'm not sharing Dad's recipe here today. Mainly because he doesn't follow an exact recipe. He eyeballs the measurements (something I'm not always good at) and I just can't seem to get it right when I attempt to make it myself.
After buying a couple of bags of coleslaw mix when it was on sale last week, I decided that one of the bags would be actually used to make coleslaw while the other would be used in Crock Pot Minestrone Soup. Checking out my pin boards on Pinterest, I found this recipe that I pinned a while ago that I've been wanting to try. Seemed like the perfect time since I had the already shredded cabbage in the veggie bin.
BBQ Seasoning Cole Slaw
adapted from Mommy Hates Cooking
- 1 bag Cole Slaw Mix
- 1/2 c. mayo
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. milk
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. BBQ Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. dill weed
- 3 Tbs. onion, finely chopped
- pepper, to taste
- Pour coleslaw mix into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until well-combined.
- Pour the mayo/sour cream mixture over the cabbage mixture and toss until completely combined.
- Chill before serving.
- I used less dill since it's not an herb we normally use. I'm glad I did, since the dill flavor seemed a bit overpowering to us. But when eating the leftover coleslaw the next day, the flavors seemed to be better combined.
- Since this is so much better the next day, I'll make sure to make it a day ahead of time from now on!
Post a Comment