I didn't do a lot of cooking last week. It seemed that most nights last week, we weren't really hungry by the time dinner rolled around. We either picked at leftovers, had a salad or ate a bowl of cereal. I used to feel guilty about weeks like that, but now, not so much! Any meals I get to roll over into the next week, just helps to stretch our food budget a bit further!
I also didn't get to do the freezer cooking that I had planned for last week. Well, I did manage to cook about 6 lbs. of ground beef. Not nearly all that I had planned, but 6 lbs. of COOKED ground beef in the freezer is better than nothing! Oh, I also cooked a pound of black beans, too.
I'm planning a pretty good menu for this week. With my track record lately, I doubt I'll get to all of the meals, but I'll be happy to prepare at least half of what I have planned! I still didn't get around to making the Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili, but I'm carrying it over into this week's plan! I'm determined! Maybe that pound of black beans in the fridge, will be the inspiration I need to get that chili made!
- Monday: Labor Day BBQ with friends
- Tuesday: Easy Peasy Pasta, grilled/BBQ chicken
- Wednesday: Santa Fe Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Thursday: Crock Pot Spinach Tomato Soup, salmon patties, Veggie Fritters
- Friday: Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili
- Saturday: Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce over pasta, garlic bread, salad
- Sunday: Leftovers