As usual, I made too much food. But with 2 big men with hearty appetites and 3 teenage boys watching the game (plus us girls) I didn't want to take any chances on running out of food!
|Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili|
|Chipotle Turkey Chili|
Grace really enjoyed having guests for dinner and even watched a bit of the game!
|Paying close attention to the game!|
Since I made too much food, this week will be all about the leftovers! Not only will that make it an easy week for me, it should also keep us from the grocery store this week!
- Monday: Black Bean & Sweet Potato Chili over cornbread, fresh carrot sticks and ranch dressing. I love having veggies leftover when I make a vegetable tray. It makes it so much easier to make a healthy snack or side-dish decision when they are prepped and ready for eating!
- Tuesday: Breakfast for Dinner. Sausage, eggs and hashbrown casserole. We never got around the the breakfast for dinner that I scheduled last week. Since I already shredded the cheese for the hashbrown casserole, we need to make that this week. Not a problem since we LOVE it!
- Wednesday: Spaghetti, meatballs, garlic bread. Last week, I found myself needing something quick for dinner after an afternoon out with my parents. I found some frozen meatballs in the freezer, threw them in the crock pot with some sauce and had meatball sandwiches for dinner. We still have some leftover meatballs, so boil up some pasta and hopefully finish up those meatballs.
- Thursday: Chipotle Turkey Chili over rice. Mmmm! My favorite! I could eat this every night of the week and never be tired of it! But instead, whatever is left of this chili after this meal, will go into the freezer for another week.
- Friday: Hot dogs, Our Favorite Baked Beans, baked potatoes. There was a sale on potatoes last week. I'm going to make some potato soup with 5lbs of the potatoes and the rest will be for side dishes (mashed, baked, fried).
- Saturday: leftover buffet. If we somehow manage to finish all of the leftovers by Saturday, then I will make some Tuna Noodle Casserole (another meal carried over from last week).
- Sunday: Chinese food is our usual go-to take out for special occasions. Since Valentine's Day is on Monday, we'll most likely "celebrate" on Sunday. It's been a few months since we've ordered Chinese.....I wonder what I'll choose! I'm also thinking of picking up a few Red Velvet Cupcakes for dessert from a cute little place in our town. I've been wanting an excuse to check it out since it's opened recently.
I am so impressed by anyone who can plan weekly menus. It's on my NY's resolutions, but so far if I manage a couple days, I'm doing good.
I agree, chili for leftovers is awesome! I would never get sick of it!
Post a Comment