I read about this recipe on the Parents Magazine website. I was hooked as soon as I read the first ingredient: BACON! MMmmm! I knew I had to make this recipe.
Easy Tomato-Bacon Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 lb. bacon, diced
- 28oz. diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- several dashes crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb. (or more) of your favorite pasta, cooked
- Cook diced bacon on medium heat until cooked through, but not crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towels, set aside.
- Discard drippings. DO NOT WIPE OUT THE PAN!
- Turn heat up to medium-high.
- Add tomatoes (with juice) and seasonings to the pan, stir.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add peas, sour cream and drained bacon.
- Pour over your favorite cooked pasta and serve.
- I rarely follow a recipe as it's written, this is one of the few exceptions. Although, I did add some crushed red pepper flakes for an extra kick!
We really love this recipe! It's quick and easy! Frugal too, if there's a sale on bacon!
This post can also be found on my other blog, My Vintage Kitchen.
I'll be linking this post to the following blog carnivals: