Last week was a good week. I started my diet, managed to get the kitchen cabinets cleaned out and somewhat organized, and Grace slept through the night TWICE! I sure do miss those nights when she was an infant. She used to sleep for 12 hours! That not only gave me 4 hours to myself, but I also managed to get 8 hours of sleep every night!
I had to switch up the menu plan a bit last week. Mainly, because I forgot to take the chicken and ham out of the freezer. So a few changes were needed. Including, adding Tuna Noodle Casserole to the plan. I'll post the recipe as soon as I remember where I scribbled down the measurements.
I loved the Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos from last week! I used the chili that I put in the freezer after the Super Bowl. It was just a small amount of chili, but after layering it onto the tortilla with some leftover rice, we ended up with 5 wraps. Two for me, three for Joe. They were so good, I'm thinking of making a batch of chili, just to use for burritos! Mmmm! I paired them with some Butternut Squash Fries. The fries turned out a bit mushy, even after putting them under the broiler for a bit. I think I should have let them sit a bit longer to allow the salt to draw out extra moisture after slicing them before popping into the oven. Still, the flavor was good (first time eating butternut squash). I'll be trying this recipe again, hopefully they will turn out better next time!
I tried out my new George Foreman Grill on Friday night and it worked great for grilling some chicken breast. I had 5 chicken breasts and I cut them in half since I thought they were too thick for the small grill to handle. Instead of the Caesar Salad I had originally planned with the chicken, I made some chicken flavored rice with peas and corn. Since I cooked the whole package of chicken, I packed the leftovers in the fridge for quick lunches or dinners.
I didn't get to make that Wild Rice Soup. Our local market only had a tiny, tiny box of wild rice for $4 and I refused to buy it! I'm hoping I can do better in both quantity and price somewhere else. I really want to try that soup!
Here's what's planned for this week:
- Monday: Grilled Chicken Sandwiches. This is a repeat of last night's dinner. I needed something quick after an afternoon at the park. I used my George Foreman Grill to reheat the leftover chicken breast. After the chicken was heated, I placed it on an Arnold's Sandwich Thins bun with lettuce and chipotle mayo. Last night, we had this with baby carrots and fruit salad. Tonight, I'll serve it with Our Favorite Baked Beans.
- Tuesday: Leftover Spanish Chicken (pictured below), with potatoes and green beans. I made sure to write down the ingredients as I made this old family recipe. I'll be sharing this recipe with you very soon!
- Wednesday: Ham, pierogi, steamed veggies. Like I said up above, I forgot to get the ham out of the freezer last week. I better remember this week, since I'm really in the mood for pierogi!
- Thursday: Baked Omelet Cups. Yet another recipe I didn't get to last week. I planned on adding some leftover ham to the omelets, but since we didn't have the ham last week, I decided to skip the omelet cups too. Here's hoping we get to them this week!
- Friday: Spaghetti with meat sauce. Grace loves pasta and can't seem to get enough of it! Spaghetti is one of her favorites! Since I have some sauce in the freezer, this will be a quick and easy meal. I'll make a salad and some garlic bread, too.
- Saturday: Black Bean Soup, quesadillas, salad. I've been wanting black bean soup for a few weeks now. Hopefully, I find the time to make it this week. Any leftover soup, I'll eat for lunches next week! MMmm!
- Sunday: We have some errands to run, so we'll grab something to eat while we're out. It's been a while since we went out to eat. We'll choose someplace family friendly (without a drive-thru)!
What meals have you planned for this week? For more menu plans and recipe ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie.
Hi! I just read your introduction letter to the Philly Social Media Moms! So nice to meet you. I live in Montgomery county as well. Souderton.
Your daughter is adorable as can be. Oh my goodness. I hope she starts sleeping for you again soon. Sleeping through the night is the best : )
Your menu plan sounds awesome. WOW! I am impressed. Usually at 4:45 I am frantically trying to decide what is for dinner.
Nice to meet you. Love, Becky
Saw your introduction on PSMM and wanted to come over and say hello. Menu looks great, what time should I bring my family over for dinner? HA! Sounds like a yummy week. ;-)
Your menu for the week looks very good. I would love your Black Bean Soup. Thank you for sharing and you have a great day!
Post a Comment