I read about this recipe on the Parents Magazine website. I was hooked as soon as I read the first ingredient: BACON! MMmmm! I knew I had to make this recipe.
Easy Tomato-Bacon Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 lb. bacon, diced
- 28oz. diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- several dashes crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb. (or more) of your favorite pasta, cooked
- Cook diced bacon on medium heat until cooked through, but not crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towels, set aside.
- Discard drippings. DO NOT WIPE OUT THE PAN!
- Turn heat up to medium-high.
- Add tomatoes (with juice) and seasonings to the pan, stir.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add peas, sour cream and drained bacon.
- Pour over your favorite cooked pasta and serve.
- I rarely follow a recipe as it's written, this is one of the few exceptions. Although, I did add some crushed red pepper flakes for an extra kick!
We really love this recipe! It's quick and easy! Frugal too, if there's a sale on bacon!
This post can also be found on my other blog, My Vintage Kitchen.
I'll be linking this post to the following blog carnivals:
Anything with bacon HAS to be good! Thanks!
This sounds really good and like something everyone in my family will like. I am going to save this and give it a try soon. Thanks for sharing!
And thanks for stopping by to check out my S'mores Dessert :)
This looks so good! Unfortunately, I have a daughter who doesn't like bacon! I have no clue as to how that happened! Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower! ~ Ellen
Your Pasta with Tomato Bacon Sauce will be a hit here at Full Plate Thursday. Thank you so much for bringing your wonderful dish and you have a great week end!
that sauce sounds very tempting I am sure that the teens would definetly like it
YUM!! I'm your newest follower.
Stopping by from Full Plate Thursday to say hello! I'm with Debbi, bacon in there and it must be good!
Wow. You had me at bacon and pasta. Seriously, the words just go well together. My heart sings.
This looks delicious and is most definitely getting bookmarked! :-)
Visiting from It's a Keeper and I'm so glad I did!
Lovely pasta and really easy sauce. :) Thanks for sharing.
This looks delicious, and I agree with Debbi. Anything with bacon is good :)
Thanks for linking up to the It's a Keeper Thursday blog hop! I hope you come back this Thursday and link something new!
It's a Keeper
I love your blog and I have chosen you for an award! Come visit me at http://aseasonforallthings.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-blog-award.html to claim your award!
Post a Comment