I've been in the mood to do some freezer cooking, but I really just want to wait until the freezer is completely empty so it can be defrosted and cleaned. Each week, I've been trying to use something from the freezer. We're almost out of frozen meat and I can tell we've used up most of our pre-cooked frozen meals since I cannot shut my tupperware cabinet! The cabinet was looking pretty bare for a while there, since a lot of the containers were used to freeze soups, stews, sauces, etc. Now, those containers are empty and clean and shoved into the cabinet. I think it's time to go through and check for cracks, missing lids or things we just don't use and start tossing/donating. Sounds like a project I can work on while Grace naps today!
Dinners are going to be easy this week. I'm trying to keep the kitchen mess to a minimum (I'm a messy cook). I usually clean up the kitchen after Grace goes to bed for the night, but this week, I want to focus on some projects around the house after Grace is asleep.
- Monday: I'm starting this week's menu plan with leftover BBQ Chicken Enchiladas that I made over the weekend. They were really tasty! I'll share my adapted version of Debbi's recipe later this week. But in the meantime, go check out the recipe posted at Debbi Does Dinner Healthy and Low Calorie!
- Tuesday: (leftovers) Pulled Pork Sandwiches, pierogies, corn. Over the weekend, I heated up a tub of pulled pork that our friends sent over for our freezer. They made a huge batch of pulled pork after the guys all went boar hunting last month. Tonight, we're finishing up the last of the 2 quarts they sent over. Between their freezer and ours, we have plenty of pork, so pulled pork will be seen in many of my menu plans this summer!
- Wednesday: Chicken, buttered noodles, vegetables. I have a 4 lb. pack of bone-in chicken breasts thawing in the fridge. (What I forgot to thaw last week.) I haven't decided how to prepare it yet. I figure I'll either bake it or throw it in the slowcooker. Or maybe I'll make the Spanish Chicken we should have had last week.
- Thursday: Pepper Steak, rice, egg rolls. I found a box of frozen egg rolls in the back of my freezer. I forgot they were in there! Seems like the perfect excuse to make homemade pepper steak!
- Friday: Undecided. Something meatless for Lent.
- Saturday: Leftover Buffet.
- Sunday: Hamburgers, Fries, salad.