I skipped menu planning last week. Honestly, I was bored with food and cooking. We ate leftovers, frozen pizza and grilled cheese all week. I even resorted to cooking a package of Chicken Helper (you know, like Hamburger Helper but with Chicken) last night. We don't eat a lot of Hamburger/Chicken Helper, but I do like to buy a couple of boxes when they are on sale (50 cents or less) to keep in the pantry for "emergencies". I like to add extra vegetables to the pan while it's cooking, though!
The menu plan from two weeks (week of March 21st) went well. There were only a couple of changes that week: the pasta and scallops ended up being a pasta with vegetables instead and we skipped the BBQ Chicken Enchiladas (they'll be part of this week's menu).
That was also the week that I hosted the DiGiorno Pizza and Hoops House Party! It went well. I'll be sharing a few details of the party this week!
After a week of being bored with food and cooking, I'm having a difficult time narrowing down my ideas for this week. Too many ideas and not enough days in the week! As it is, I really can't schedule more than 5 meals for the week, since I need to allow for leftovers (unless I decide to freeze the leftovers).
Here's what we're eating this week:
- Monday: Chipotle Turkey Chili. I feel like we just had this recently, but we really like it a lot. I found some pre-cooked ground turkey in the freezer so I thought I'd use it to throw together a pot of this wonderful chili.
- Tuesday: Spanish Chicken, served with rice and steamed vegetables. Grace really enjoyed this the last time I made it, so I have a feeling we'll be seeing this dish a lot more often.
- Wednesday: BBQ Chicken Enchiladas. My order from Butch's Smack Your Lips BBQ arrived last week so I'm all set to make Debbi's recipe for enchiladas. I think I'll halve her recipe since our family is a lot smaller than hers.
- Thursday: Leftovers
- Friday: Black Bean Soup. I've been wanting to try Alli's recipe for Spicy Black Bean Soup for a while, I just haven't gotten to it yet. I'll serve this with some quesadillas and salsa, making this the perfect meal for Lent.
- Saturday: This will be our day to run errands and do some work around the house. So, we'll either have some fast-food while we're out and about or heat up some leftovers when we get home.
- Sunday: Undecided. I'd like to make a nice "Sunday Dinner" but I have no idea how far along we'll be on our projects around the house. It may just end up being leftovers or take-out, depending on which option we choose on Saturday.
vegetable broth for the freezer. I have a bag of chicken scraps and a bag of vegetable scraps in the freezer and I'm pretty sure I'm completely out of homemade chicken broth! We ate a lot of soup this winter!
Also, I've been dreaming about this cake since Ellen posted it last week on her blog, A Season for All Things. It looks so easy and gooey and yummy, too! Also, I'm pretty sure I have all of the ingredients to whip this together! I love that it's made in a 9x13" pan, those are my favorite pans for baking! I'm hoping to get this popped into the oven after I get tonight's dinner started.
So, that's my plan for this week. How about you? What will your family be eating this week? Share in the comments or join in the Menu Planning fun over at I'm and Organizing Junkie!