So, on Thursday, just as I was getting ready to mix together my chili sauce and grape jelly (see recipe link above), I noticed a recipe for Ultimate Party Meatballs on the bottle of chili sauce. After running downstairs to find the other ingredient in my pantry, I decided to give the new recipe a try.
Ultimate Party Meatballs in the slow cooker
- 12 oz bottle chili sauce
- 14 oz can jellied cranberry sauce
- 34 oz bag frozen cocktail meatballs
- Pour chili sauce and cranberry sauce into bottom of slow cooker insert.
- Use a slotted spoon to really mash the jellied cranberry sauce and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the frozen meatballs making sure to coat all the meatballs with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour.
- Stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat and cook on low for 3-5 hours, still stirring to coat the meatballs with sauce.
- My bag of frozen meatballs was ever-so-slightly larger than the amount called for in the recipe on the jar.
- This recipe can be done on the stove too. As stated in the Ultimate Party Meatball recipe, add the sauce ingredients to a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Add meatballs. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through. (I prefer the slow cooker method that I use when I make Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs.)
- I loved switching out the cranberry sauce for the grape jelly! It was actually easier then measuring out the grape jelly (no sticky mess!) and tasted just as good!
- We usually have buttered egg noodles on the side, but I'm thinking I might make some rice when we re-heat the leftovers.
I'll be sharing this recipe at the following blog carnivals and linky parties:
- Homemaker Monday