Now, it's time for me to make a couple of confessions. I've never purchased a box of Bisquick before. Really. Never! I don't even think I remember ever seeing a box of it in my Mom's kitchen when I was growning up.
Not only have I never purchased/used a box of Bisquick, I've also never made pancakes before. Growing up, my Dad was usually in charge of the big weekend breakfasts. And now, Joe is more likely than me to make a big Sunday morning breakfast.
A couple of weeks ago, I decided that I want to try a bunch of recipes using Bisquick and started with a batch of Blueberry Pancakes using the pancake recipe I found in Betty Crocker's Bisquick Cookbook. I didn't change anything in the recipe, but still thought I'd share it with you all anyway. You know, just in case there's anyone else out there that's never made pancakes before! :)
Bisquick Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 cups Original Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed/drained) blueberries
- Heat griddle or skillet; grease if neccessary.
- Stir bisquick, milk and eggs until blended.
- Fold blueberries into batter.
- Pour or ladle 1/4 cup batter onto hot pan.
- Cook until edges are dry.
- Turn. Cook until golden brown.