Last week was a difficult week. Grace was feeling a bit under the weather. We took her to the pediatrician on Wednesday and after a quick check-up and a prescription for an antibiotic, she is feeling much more like her usual self.
I just took a peek at last week's menu and realized I only served 3 of the 6 meals scheduled. Most of the week, we ate leftovers from the 3 meals I managed to prepare. On Friday, I had a particularly bad day. I called Joe and told him that he had to figure out dinner. I wasn't cooking, I wasn't heating leftovers, I wasn't making decisions. Joe came home with a family meal from Boston Market! Perfect choice! We all enjoyed it! Especially, the cornbread!
On Sunday, I finally got around to making waffles! It was my first attempt and I was really nervous. Silly, I know, but stuff like this intimidates me for some reason! I didn't take any pictures of the waffles, but they did turn out pretty good for my first try. I used the recipe off the side of the box of Bisquick. Remember I told you that I bought my first box of Bisquick a few weeks ago? Well, it's gone! I finished a whole box already! Joe picked up a new box so I can make some baked chicken cutlets this week!
I still haven't made spaghetti sauce yet. I was planning on throwing everything into the slow-cooker on Saturday morning. Friday night, I ran downstairs to get the ingredients I needed and realized that I am out of homemade vegetable broth! How did that happen?
Well, after taking a better look today (it wasn't in the usual spot) I found 2 freezer bags full of homemade veggie broth! So, tomorrow morning, I'll be throwing together a batch of sauce. Finally.
Here's what we'll be eating this week:
- Burritos, Cheesey Spanish Rice Bake. I wish I was able to make the Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili last week so that I could make some burritos with the leftovers. Instead, we'll be using some burritos we picked up in the freezer aisle at Super Walmart last week. The Cheesey Spanish Rice Bake will be the perfect homemade sidedish to go with the convenience of the frozen burritos.
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread, Fried Zucchini. Since the sauce will be cooking in the slow-cooker, it won't be any problem finding the time to fry up some zucchini sticks! I'm sure they will be great dipped in some of that tasty sauce!
- Greek Chicken, Potatoes, Carrots. Since I never got around to making the rotisserie chicken last week, I'll go back to my original plan for that whole chicken I have in the freezer.
- Sweet 'n' Sour Meatballs, buttered noodles, steamed vegetables. I love the ease of this meal. I'll toss everything into the slow-cooker in the morning and let it cook all day.
- Easy Beef Stew, salad, biscuits. Mmmmmm. I love this recipe! It can be made in the oven or the slow-cooker. I can't think of a better way to use up all of the veggies in the fridge!
- Leftovers! Leftovers! Leftovers!
Now, I want to know what your family will be eating this week! Share your dinner ideas with me in the comments OR follow me over to Menu Plan Monday to share your weekly meal plan!