Wow! Is it really Wednesday already? I just don't know where the time has gone! I actually sat down to write this post on Sunday night. I was tucked into bed, with the dog and the laptop on my lap. The busy day and my cozy, heated mattress pad got the better of me and I was having trouble keeping my eyes open! I went to sleep, planning on getting up early to write my post. Grace had other plans and woke me up in the middle of the night to play! It took a while in getting her back to sleep and the few hours up, caused us to sleep late once we did fall back to sleep. It's been crazy like that for the past few days!
Anyway, we're down to slim pickings in the freezer and pantry, so we're starting to re-stock little by little. I still want to be creative and come up with low-cost meals. That's a challenge in itself since the cost of everything is so high these days.
This week, I'm keeping the menu easy since I'll be cooking a larger meal on Sunday when we have our friends over to watch the Super Bowl.
So far, this is what we've had this week:
- Fajitas. I used some shredded chicken from the freezer, leftover rice (also from the freezer), some diced veggies and a bottle of fajita sauce to throw together an easy meal.
- Chicken Croquettes, mashed potatoes, gravy. Living in Philly, we used to hit the diners often. One of my favorite diner meals is Chicken Croquettes. I used a recipe from one of the diners we ate at the most in my younger years!
- Leftovers. I love leftovers, especially on those nights that we have errands to run. Plus, it usually helps make room in the fridge!
This is what I'm planning for the rest of the week:
- Breakfast for Dinner. Remember when I was on that Bisquick kick a while ago? Well, I haven't cooked with Bisquick in a while...so, it's time for a batch of waffles!
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos. This is the last of the Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili from the freezer. I'll probably make another batch soon, but in the meantime, we'll enjoy some easy (and tasty) burritos!
- I'm figuring we'll either have one more leftover night or take out of some sort on Saturday night. I'll be tidying the house and preparing anything I can make ahead of time for our Super Bowl Dinner. The last thing I want to do is clean up after cooking a meal on Saturday.
I'll post our Super Bowl Sunday Menu in a new post. I'll be working on my shopping list tonight while I watch some Big Bang Theory reruns!
Sounds like a great Meal plan I hate that grocerys cost sooo MUCh. but one good thing i find is now that i eat less it last a lot longer! Mind you its just the 2 of us here, but they seem to last a lot longer :)
Ha! I am working on a super bowl menu too! It will be a splurge day!! ;-) thank goodness lol
Post a Comment