While I love the variety of the soups, I sometimes get bored with the grilled cheese sandwiches. So, after watching this youtube video posted by GooseberryPatch.com, I knew these muffins would be a perfect alternative to those boring sandwiches!
Zesty Chicken Salsa Muffins
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c. evaporated milk
- 6 oz. box corn bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 c. salsa
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tin.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Makes 8 regular sized muffins.
- When I made these, I followed the recipe exactly. Next time, I'm thinking I might add some shredded cheese to the mix.
- This is the perfect way to use leftover chicken.
- Also, the salsa I used was a basic tomato salsa. Next time, I might use a black bean and corn salsa like the did in the video. Or, if I'm trying to use up some basic salsa from the fridge, I'll add in a 1/4 cup of each corn and beans. They also mentioned adding in some diced jalapenos! Yum! We would surely love that!
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheese or additional salsa!
Yum :) looks great!
These sound REALLY good! Can't wait to try them!
Oh this looks SO good! We just picked up two rotisserie chickens at Costco today, I think this would work perfect with those!
Post a Comment