When I linked my Gooey Butter Cake post to Food On Fridays with Ann, I saw that she posted a recipe for Easy Beef Stroganoff. I looked at the ingredients, saw that I liked all of them (except for the mushrooms). I added it to last week's menu plan!
I'm so glad that I gave Beef Stroganoff another chance! This recipe was a hit! I even had seconds (and I've been laying off the seconds for the past few weeks)!
I tried to stick as close to the original recipe as possible, but made a couple of small changes like leaving out the mushrooms and using less meat. I also used a mixture of ground beef and some zesty hot pork sausage because that's what we had in the freezer. So, I guess this is really Beef and Pork Stroganoff. Is there such a thing? I guess there is...now! :)
Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb. Bob Evan's Zesty Hot Sausage
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups hot water
- 4 tsp. beef bouillon granules
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Tbs. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large pot or dutch oven, over medium heat, brown and drain the meat.
- Add the onion, cook until tender.
- Season with pepper.
- Disolve bouillon granules in hot water, then pour over the meat.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, tomato paste.
- Mix together the flour and water; add to pot.
- Stir until well combined.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for an hour. Stirring often. Adding water if needed.
- Stir in sour cream just before serving.
- Serve over hot, buttered noodles.
Be sure to check out Ann's weekly Food on Fridays recipe link up to find more great recipes and food related posts!
This recipe has been linked to the following blog carnivals and linky parties: