The couple of meals that we skipped, I'm no longer interested in making. So, I'm not adding them to this week's plan. I'm sure we'll see them in a future menu, just not this one!
I did some digging in the freezer to see what's left in there. Not much. Aside from some homemade stocks and the wild boar meat (from when Joe went hunting last spring) at the bottom, there are just a few odds and ends that will need to be used before we re-stock the freezer. I'm not real crazy about pork in general, so I'm not overly thrilled with the wild boar meat. Joe will need to use that up...I'll plan other meals for myself around that whenever he gets around to it.
This week's menu is going to be pretty easy:
- Spaghetti with Simply Tomato Sauce, salad, bread sticks. This is the last of the tomato sauce from the freezer. I didn't think we had any left in there. Soon it will be time to make another big pot of this SIMPLE sauce!
- Oven Barbecue Chicken, Steamed Veggies, Salad. A few months ago, I bought some split, bone-in, chicken breast on sale. This is the last pack. I'll cook all of the chicken at once, then use the leftover chicken to make other meals for the week.
- Chicken Rice Soup, salad, bread and butter. Feels like forever since we've had a simple chicken soup. This will be such a simple dinner to throw together! I just haven't decided if I'll make a clear or creamy chicken rice soup.
- Chicken 'n' Dumplings. We've had this not too long ago, but it's one of Joe's favorite meals. I can't believe it's taken me so long to make this for him, since it's really such an easy recipe! I'll make the soup shown above with the leftovers!
- Breakfast for Dinner. I'm in the mood for waffles. It's been a while since I've made them. Sometimes I forget just how easy they are to make! I'll make some Turkey Scrapple on the side. I know, local readers are probably skeptical about the concept of turkey scrapple. I thought Joe was crazy when he bought a block of it home from the store! We were both very surprised at how great it tastes! I'll also slice up some oranges to serve along with the meal.
- Hot Dogs, Molasses Baked Beans, baked potatoes. The hot dogs and baked beans are both from the freezer. I'll bake up a couple of potatoes to serve on the side! I love baked beans served on top of my potato! MMmmm!
So, now you know what's cooking at our house! What are you serving this week? Share your dinner plans in the comments or follow me over to Menu Plan Monday! You can also check out our past menu plans!