That was the first time I tried this tasty frosting recipe. I've been calling it Fabulous Frosting, but looking at my notes, I realize it's called Fantastic Frosting. Whatever the name, this 3-ingredient recipe is both delicious and simple to make!
Angel's Fantastic Frosting
- 8 oz. tub Cool Whip
- small box instant pudding (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Chill until thickened.
- Frost cake.
- I'm not sure where this recipe originated, but I like to call it Angel's Fantastic Frosting since she introduced this to us so many years ago.
- Store brand ingredients work great in this recipe, helping to keep cost down.
- Angel usually used chocolate pudding in this recipe and it's soooo good! I just made this frosting for cupcakes this weekend. Since my nephew and Grace both don't care for chocolate (really, I don't know how she can be my daughter and NOT like chocolate!) I used vanilla pudding to flavor the frosting. I'm looking forward to trying other flavors of the pudding in the future!
- In addition to testing out other flavors, I also look forward to making a lighter version of this frosting using fat-free whipped topping, sugar-free pudding and skim milk. I'm sure it will taste fantastic!
Recently, my friend Lisa used this recipe to make frosting for her son's gluten free birthday cake. She was blessed with kids that LOVE chocolate, so she was able to use the chocolate pudding to flavor her frosting!
Don't you just love that cupcake cookie jar? I got it from the clearance section at Kohl's last Valentine's Day!
This post has been linked to the following blog carnivals and linky parties:
- Muffin (and cupcake) Monday
- Homemaker Monday
- Your Recipe, My Kitchen
- Delicious Dishes
- Cupcake Tuesday
- Tea Party Tuesday
- Tasty Tuesdays
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
- Tuesdays at the Table
- Food on Fridays with Ann
- Foodie Friday
- Sweet Tooth Friday
- Food Friday
- Functional Friday
- I'm Lovin It
- Home and Family Friday
this sounds tasty and will be put to use real soon for some upcoming birthdays come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
That is some fantastic frosting! Thanks for much for linking up at Muffin (and cupcake) Monday!
Looks very simple and yummy.
OMG! that looks fantastic!
I have heard of this frosting before, but it's been many, many years. Thanks for reminding me of it. And Thanks for joining us on Cupcake Tuesday!
now this is great...so yummy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! So glad to see you share it last week. The new link is up so would love to see you again. Take care. http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/2012/01/white-chocolate-champagne-scones-with.html
Found you through Food on Fridays. This looks like a great, fool-proof recipe. (My favorite kind!)
This frosting looks delish! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Would you be willing to sell your cupcake cookie jar? If so please email me at email@example.com. I would love to purchase it.
Post a Comment