After a very busy weekend around the house, I'm finally getting the chance to sit down and type out the menu plan for this week. Although, I should really be loading the dishwasher and going to bed!
Last week's menu plan went very well. I actually prepared every meal on the list, had night of leftovers and added in BLT's for a last minute meal to finish up a loaf of bread.
We're continuing with our pantry challenge and working on keeping the food budget down to a minimum. This morning, after breakfast, I started to plan out my meals for the week and compared my ideas with the ingredients we have on hand. I think with creative substitutions and minimal shopping, this will be another successful menu plan.
Since I'll be trying a few new recipes, I don't have photos yet, but promise to share the recipes soon after we try them!
- Chicken Stir Fry. We have some veggies in the bin that need to be used up before they spoil. A quick stir fry is the perfect way to prepare them. I'll serve the chicken and vegetables over white rice. I just opened a 10 lb. bag!
- Rice and Bean Soup. Several months ago, I shared a recipe for Chicken Jambalay. When putting away the leftovers, I reserved some to use in other recipes. We really enjoyed the Red Bean and Rice Soup, so I thought I'd make something similar using the leftover Crock Pot Chicken Chili that's in the freezer.
- Pasta with Garlic, Oil and vegetables. Another quick and easy recipe to finish up those veggies in the fridge! I don't follow a recipe for this meal, I usually just wing it.
- Beef Stroganoff. After all the chicken we've been eating lately, I knew right away that I wanted to try this recipe this week! I have some ground beef in the freezer just waiting for a recipe like this! I'm really looking forward to this meal!
- Porcupine Meatballs over rice. Here's another beef recipe and another great use of that big bag of rice! Another recipe I'm looking forward to preparing this week!
- Pasta e Fagioli Soup. I think the only thing I'll need to pick up for this recipe is the small pasta. It's been a while since I've had Pasta e Fagioli Soup (I think almost a year ago) and even longer since I've prepared it. I don't have the ingredients for the soup the way I normally make it, so I looked for a recipe that included more ingredients that I already have on-hand.
Sorry for the lack of pictures! I hope to make it up to you very soon with lots of new recipe posts!
I'd love to know what you're cooking up this week! Please share your dinner plans with us in the comments! Or follow me over to Menu Plan Monday! If you like what you see here, feel free to check out my past menu plans!
Oh my, your meal plan for the week is completely .... mouth watery! :D
Hmm my father makes the best Porcupine meatballs :) Sounds like a great meal plan for the week!! What times dinner at ? loL!
I would love for you to link this idea up to my Famous Linkz Party! www.made-famous-by.com
Heather aka Made Famous By
I gotta get more official with my meal plan. I am playing too much by ear & I need to get more organized like you.
I am going to check out those meatballs! I love meatballs! :) Have a super week.
Post a Comment