Joe and I both really enjoy spaghetti squash. We usually just eat it plain, straight out of the microwave. Sometimes we add a little Morton's Hot Salt to spice it up a bit. Now after making this, we'll be adding this meatless casserole to our menu plan more often!
Black Bean & Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 3 cups spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can Bush's Grilling Beans, Black Bean Fiesta
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, choppped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 small can diced chilies
- 3 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- salt to taste
- cooking spray
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8"x8" casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a small amount of oil, in a large skillet, saute onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic until tender.
- Add black beans, corn, diced chilies, and chili powder, stir.
- Cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cooked squash and salt to taste.
- Mix well, pour into the casserole dish.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
- I've made this a couple times, and both times, I've made slightly different.
- The original recipe calls for spinach. It's great both with and without the spinach!
- Also, Debbi topped hers with a corn meal crust. I prefer to serve cornbread on the side, but if you liked to try it with a crust on top, check out Debbi's recipe.
If you like spaghetti squash like we do, you may want to check out Debbi's latest recipe for Sausage & Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Pie! I know we'll be trying this recipe very soon!
This recipe is linked to the following blog carnivals and linky parties:
- Ultimate Recipe Swap: Winter Squash
- Food On Fridays with Ann
- Foodie Friday
- Functional Friday
- I'm Lovin It
- Home and Family Friday
Looks super tasty!
So glad you liked it! i love spaghetti squash too, I just posted a breakfast casserole with it and I made burritos with it last week too. So good!
Post a Comment