I've mentioned this cake before, back when I first started blogging. I was so new to the blogging world, that I wasn't yet taking photos of each and every recipe I prepared with the plan to include it in a blog post.
While the original recipe consist of a couple more ingredients, this time I decided to make it even simpler by just using 3 ingredients!
Three Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 1 boxed Spice Cake Mix
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 containers of Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- With an electic hand mixer, combine all ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour into a glass 9x13 baking dish, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake according to directions on box.
While I've also seen this done as a 2 ingredient cake by omitting the egg, I prefer using the egg. I've made this both ways and find that when I prepare this including the egg, the cake itself is less crumbly. If you like your spice cake with raisins and nuts, check out the original, photo-less recipe.
I've linked this recipe to the following blog carnivals and linky parties:
- Frugal Food Thursday hosted by Frugal Follies
- Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen's Country Cottage
- Saturday Show & Tell #32 hosted by Cheerios and Lattes