I was really pleased when I came across a recipe for a homemade fajita seasoning. I adapted the recipe a bit to omit the paprika that I recently ran out of and I used less salt, too! Also, I quadrupled the recipe so I could have a decent sized jar of it in my pantry for whenever we want a quick meal of fajitas! With school and dance class starting, we're gonna be all about quick meals this fall!
Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix
Adapted From: Chocolate Moosey
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp. salt
- Measure ingredients into a clean jar with a lid.
- Screw on lid and shake until seasonings are well combined.
- Add to chicken, beef, soups or stews. Start with a tablespoon, taste, then add more as needed.
- This is pretty good sprinkled on air popped corn, too!