I was really pleased when I came across a recipe for a homemade fajita seasoning. I adapted the recipe a bit to omit the paprika that I recently ran out of and I used less salt, too! Also, I quadrupled the recipe so I could have a decent sized jar of it in my pantry for whenever we want a quick meal of fajitas! With school and dance class starting, we're gonna be all about quick meals this fall!
Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix
Adapted From: Chocolate Moosey
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp. salt
- Measure ingredients into a clean jar with a lid.
- Screw on lid and shake until seasonings are well combined.
- Add to chicken, beef, soups or stews. Start with a tablespoon, taste, then add more as needed.
- This is pretty good sprinkled on air popped corn, too!
This looks like the perfect shortbread recipe! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!
Thanks for sharing this recipe! I, too, am trying to watch my sodium intake.
Post a Comment