Lately, I've been preparing 1 cup of quinoa according to the instructions on the package and keeping it in the fridge for quick meals. Since I also keep a bowl of rinsed black beans in the fridge, those two ingredients often meet up in the same recipe!
Quinoa with Salsa, Black Beans and Corn
1 hearty portion
or 2 side dish portions
- 1/2 cup prepared quinoa
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained/rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup fat free salsa
- combine all ingredients to a small pan and heat over medium heat until corn is thawed and all ingredients are heated through.
Alternate preparation method:
- Combine ingredients in a microwave safe dish.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for one minute.
- Stir, replace lid and cook on HIGH for another minute or two or until corn is thawed and all ingredients are heated through.
- Serve alongside some fat free refried beans or top with some fat free mozzarella cheese or fat free sour cream to keep this meal Weight Watchers Simply Filling.
- This is a great way to use up a bunch of leftover in the fridge.
- If you need to pack a lunch for work, you could easily just place all of the ingredients into a microwave safe container and refrigerate overnight and heat in the microwave the same way you would any other leftovers you may pack for lunch! (The corn should be thawed by lunch time, so the heating time may be less than the alternate method shared above.)
Linking to the following blog parties:
Post a Comment