I'm trying to add more fruits and veggies to my daily routine. After chomping on carrot and celery sticks for a few days, I'm starting to get bored. Already!
Yesterday, I had the chance to chat online with my cousin LisaLou. Talking to her reminded me the super -yummy smoothies that she would make for breakfast when she would visit us for a weekend. It'll be a while before I can enjoy a smoothie made by LisaLou, since she just moved to another country. So, this morning, I decided to dig out my blender and make myself a smoothie for breakfast.
I misplaced LisaLou's smoothie recipe but I think the smoothie I made today came pretty close to her concoction!
Coconut Banana Smoothie For One
- 1/2 banana, sliced and frozen
- 6 oz. vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 c. fat free milk
- 2 Tbs. cream of coconut
- dash of coconut extract
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- I like to add strawberries to my smoothies, but I didn't have any today. Pineapple would be tasty too!
- Switch up the yogurt or extract flavors for a variety for smoothie flavors!
- In the summer, I like to crush some ice into the smoothie while blending. I like my drinks super-cold. During the winter, the frozen banana is enough to make a cold treat.
I'm so glad that I whipped this up this morning! Such a creamy and healthy breakfast...tastes like dessert!!! I see more smoothies in my future! Thanks, LisaLou, for the inspiration! (xoxo, miss you!)
I'll be sharing this recipe with the following blog carnivals and linkies: