Talking to Lisa via online chat session, (we're longtime friends...first met in the second grade!) she inspired me to go ahead and create something similar using ingredients I had on hand. I'm sure glad she convinced me, because this was fabulous!
Cabbage Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb. boneless, chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1/2 head cabbage, sliced in strips
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup stir fry sauce
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water (optional)
- Cook chicken in hot olive oil until no longer pink, remove from pan.
- Add cabbage and onion to pan. Sautee until tender.
- Deglaze pan with water if you wish, before adding the stir fry sauce.
- Add chicken back to pan along with frozen broccoli.
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender.
- Serve over rice, noodles or just by itself.**
- You could definitely get away with using less chicken. Probably 1/2 lb. would work. I used the whole lb., because I needed to use it up.
- I used store-bought stir fry sauce. I would have preferred to just use soy sauce, but we were all out.
- I really enjoyed this....a lot! Low-calorie and delicious! Can't beat that combo!
- This meal reminded me how much we love cabbage, so I plan to add cabbage to our shopping list each week.
Total calories: 1,212*
4 servings @ 303* calories per serving.
(*calories are approximate and may not always be accurate)
**Be sure to add extra calories for rice or pasta.
- Delicious Dishes hosted by It's a Blog Party!
- Your Cozy Home Party #23 hosted by Cozy Home Scenes
- Open Call Tuesdays #8 hosted by Salt Tree
- Food On Fridays hosted by Ann Kroeker
- Shine On Friday hosted by Happy Go Lucky
- Gallery of Favorites hosted by Premeditated Leftovers and The 21st Century Housewife
That looks SO good! Thanks for sharing :)
I've had stir fry many times and love it, but have never thought to add cabbage. Yours looks really yummy, so I'm sure I'd like it. Thanks for linking up to Your Cozy Home Party this week.
I agree this looks fabulous and you can totatlly make it with whatever veggies you have on hand.. love it.
This really does sound good! I love using cabbage in stir fries - it adds such a lovely flavour and crunch!
Post a Comment