Talking to Lisa via online chat session, (we're longtime friends...first met in the second grade!) she inspired me to go ahead and create something similar using ingredients I had on hand. I'm sure glad she convinced me, because this was fabulous!
Cabbage Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb. boneless, chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1/2 head cabbage, sliced in strips
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup stir fry sauce
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water (optional)
- Cook chicken in hot olive oil until no longer pink, remove from pan.
- Add cabbage and onion to pan. Sautee until tender.
- Deglaze pan with water if you wish, before adding the stir fry sauce.
- Add chicken back to pan along with frozen broccoli.
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender.
- Serve over rice, noodles or just by itself.**
- You could definitely get away with using less chicken. Probably 1/2 lb. would work. I used the whole lb., because I needed to use it up.
- I used store-bought stir fry sauce. I would have preferred to just use soy sauce, but we were all out.
- I really enjoyed this....a lot! Low-calorie and delicious! Can't beat that combo!
- This meal reminded me how much we love cabbage, so I plan to add cabbage to our shopping list each week.
Total calories: 1,212*
4 servings @ 303* calories per serving.
(*calories are approximate and may not always be accurate)
**Be sure to add extra calories for rice or pasta.
- Delicious Dishes hosted by It's a Blog Party!
- Your Cozy Home Party #23 hosted by Cozy Home Scenes
- Open Call Tuesdays #8 hosted by Salt Tree
- Food On Fridays hosted by Ann Kroeker
- Shine On Friday hosted by Happy Go Lucky
- Gallery of Favorites hosted by Premeditated Leftovers and The 21st Century Housewife