Saturday, June 7th (day before weigh-in)
It's Saturday morning and I have a moment before today gets crazy. Lots to do today in this horrible summer heat! I figured I'd take this time to start my weekly Summer Sizzle Slimdown update.
After 2 pretty bad weeks, this week just got worse. There's been a lot going on around here and I've been lacking the focus I need to stay on track. I can't even tell you the last time I logged in at My Fitness Pal.
The high temperatures helped play a role in my failure this week. While I don't exercise, I found that I just didn't move around as much as usual this week. Even with the air conditioner on, the heat has been pretty brutal. I've never handled the heat well at all, even when I was skinny. Now that I'm overweight, it's even worse.
We don't have central air, just window units in the living room and bedroom, so our kitchen is HOT. Because of this, I've not been weighing and measuring out recipes to determine portion sizes and calories. I'll admit that a lot of it was me being lazy, but also just me trying to get out of the hot kitchen quicker.
I've been lucky with continued losses the past 2 weeks, though I know that they weren't deserved, I do not expect the same results tomorrow. I expect a gain and I'm extremely disappointed in myself. Hopefully, I will turn that disappointment into determination and get back on track this week.
Goals will be the same as last week:
- Food Journal / Count Calories via My Fitness Pal. I failed miserable in this task last week. I need to get back into the habit of entering the calories BEFORE I eat.
- Weigh and measure my food. Keeping my counter cleared off (except for the scale and measuring cups) will help me to "remember" to do this. I'm no good at estimating portion sizes and each meal becomes easier for me to add just a little extra to my portions.
- Water. This is a constant struggle for me.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. This is about the only point that I didn't fail last week, but I'm posting as a reminder for myself. Smoothies and salads are my favorite ways to get my daily recommended servings each day!
- Exercise. I'm never going to be one of those people that can work out for an hour a day. But I promise that I will get up and move around much more each day.
- Sleep. I had more than a few late nights last week. This contributed to me being lazy about all of my other goals. When I am running on just a few hours sleep, I don't want to take the time to weigh my food and enter calories before I eat, I just want to get what I am hungry for and go sit back on the couch.
Sunday, June 8th (morning of weigh-in)
Sorry, friends! It's almost 3:00 on Sunday and I'm just now getting around to finishing up this post. We had a pretty busy day .already. I weighed-in, gave Grace a bath, took a shower and immediately left the house (after getting dressed, of course) to run some errands. Now, I'm actually in the middle of getting dinner ready as our dinner guests will be here in half an hour.
Just as I suspected, this week showed a gain. A 1.4 lb. gain to be exact. Honestly though, I really think that this is the kick in the butt that I needed to get back on track. At least I really hope it's what I needed to get back on track. All I know is that I want this for myself and I somehow need to find a way to not be so overwhelmed with everything else in my life so that I am able to focus on my weight and my health.
I'm thinking that rather than posting a weight loss tip this Thursday, maybe I should take the time to post a mid-week update. Maybe that will help. Sometimes Sunday seems so far away that I find myself thinking that a little cheating here and there won't hurt. Well, my little cheats here and there just cheated me out of a loss this week. I'll have to use this week as an example the next time I decide that I'm not going to pay attention to portion sizes.
I try post daily updates on my facebook page. Just quick little blurbs here and there about how my day is going...sometimes diet related! So, check it out if you'd like to follow along each day!
Also, if you are also using My Fitness Pal, my profile name there is fitmomma613. Add me as your friend!
Well, time for me to go finish preparing dinner since our guests will be here soon! Hope you all had great results this week!